Friday, July 24, 2009

Stray dogs.

Today in the pool, my daughter and I were discussing best/worst outcomes the situation with these stray dogs. For her, the best would be if we kept the dogs and the worst would be animal control coming to get the dogs. For me, it's complicated.

Here are my best to worst.
1. The dogs wealthy owners see the ad in the paper, come to get the dogs and offer us a lot of money for our trouble
2. The dogs poor but nice owners see the ad in the paper and come get the dogs.
3. Some other dog-loving family volunteers to take the dogs.
4. We call the dog catcher to take the dogs.
5. We keep the dogs.

As you can see, our goals are quite different. If I didn't feel it would scar my 2 younger kids for life, I'd call animal control right now. Unfortunately, we don't have a no-kill shelter in our community.

It's a sad situation, but I don't enjoy the poo in the yard, the chewed up items, the fact that they are making our outside dog Lucy, a nervous wreck, or my ruined front door.

We are between a rock and a hard place here. The ad should be in the paper today. I hope we get a call! I hope we get a call!

2 comments:

Freakmom said...

Crossing my fingers for your #1 pick too!

Mother Mayhem said...

Sadly, these are dogs that are already grown and have their habits established. There are worse things than being humanely put down.

Hoping the owners step up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails