Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Good day.

We had an event with our larger homeschool group today, the one in which I am a leader for the teen group.  We had a water day with squirt guns and water balloons and a water balloon slingshot.  The kids also started just throwing coolers and buckets of water on each other after a while.  It was a hot day and a good way to cool off.  They had a lot of fun. 

Meanwhile, the moms of the group sat in the kitchen and planned activities for this group through December.  We're trying to do one educational and one social activity each month.  I'm excited about this group.  The kids really seem to be hitting it off and the moms do too, so it's all good.

In other news, I kind of volunteered to do the music for VBS.  It's probably going to be quite entertaining.  I can sing, but all those complicated hand motions, forget it.  I'm pretty much always 3 steps behind.  I'll get 2 or 3 right, then get all excited about that and miss the next 5.  My daughter is going to help me and she has a gift in this area, thankfully, so it should be okay. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails