Sunday, July 05, 2009

Endlessly facinated with absolutely nothing.

Does anyone remember Designing Women? There's a line in there about Charlene being "endlessly facinated with absolutely nothing". Sometimes I think I'm kind of that way too. I loved that show. I may have to get it on DVD if Netflix has it. I started thinking about it this morning when I saw this picture of a floor that was tiled entirely with pennies.





I find it facinating, which led me to think about that quote, then I looked up a Designing Women website and started looking for that quote. I found it and some others I enjoy.


JULIA: I’ve just never before noticed the extent of your unequalled ability to be fascinated at absolutely nothing.


SUZANNE: Oh, oh!! I've got one... this just makes me furious!! Y'know...when men...use Women's Liberation as an excuse not to kill bugs for you...oh, I just hate that!!! I don't care what anybody says, I think the man should have to kill the bug!!


MARY JO: You've been on a diet for 12 hours and already you're this cranky? SUZANNE: Yes. As a matter of fact, after work I'll probably be crashing my car into a Taco Bell. What's it to you?


MARY JO: And why do you know all the capitols of every country, Charlene?
CHARLENE: Because, Mary Jo, I love knowledge. As a matter of fact, I yearn for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails