Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A little stressed.

I'm a little stressed today.  Some things are going on that I don't particularly want to talk about, so I won't.  In other news, school is going well.  Yesterday, the kids had to notebook sponges and echinoderms.  They did pretty well with it, my son still writing only the minimum but making some complicated flap books out of the printouts that he had looked up and printed.  He also copied and pasted the information into Microsoft word so that he could format it better.  So hey, science and computer covered for the day.     His spelling is also going well.  I'm doing Dianne Craft's method of having him look at the word with his eyes positioned up and to the left, take a mental picture of the word and then spell it forwards and backwards.  With the words we started with a couple of weeks ago, he remembers them pretty much perfectly now that he has taken a mental picture of them, so I'm hopeful that maybe I can teach this boy to spell.   We are starting to move onto some different words this week, while still reviewing the first list each day.   And, of course, my daughter is doing fine with all of her school work.  For writing, I'm going to dig out an essay book I bought last year and have her write her first long essay.  She's going to be so thrilled.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails