Tuesday, August 23, 2011

State Fair!

We went to the state fair yesterday.  We were there for 9 hours and of course, didn't see even half of the things that were there to see.    It was so much fun!    I've gotten a little smarter over the years about moving the car at strategic times during the course of the day so we won't have to walk as much, but we still walked
12,963 steps according to my daughter's pedometer.  Luckily my new shoes did well.  I was a little worried that I hadn't had enough time to break them in before the fair.  I found a good snack idea online somewhere that I will share.  We put hot dogs in a thermos and after we'd been at the fair for about 6 hours we opened the thermos and checked the temperature of the hot dogs and they were 190 degrees, so some of us had a hot meal.  When I asked the kids what they learned at the fair they said that they learned that butterflies are cool, fair t-shirts are expensive and bunnies are really soft.  :-P   Hopefully, they learned a few other things as well. 

2 comments:

Donna said...

The fair sure sounds like it is a heck of alot of fun, Glad you all are enjoying it!
How is your older son doing? What's he been up to?
Donna
http://homeschoolingsunnyflorida.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! We love our local fair. It has permanent fair grounds, which took a little while for me to get used to (when I was younger, I would go to the ones that traveled and ended up in mall parking lots, lol). Ours is the first week in October. The boys enjoy it and it's a good lesson in financial economics for them. :D They have a set amount of money they have for their day. They want to buy snacks, and play games and ride rides and buy ridiculous little things they find, but it's important for them to realize that if they were with their dad and he let them spend all of their money on 6 funnel cakes...well then they will have a sugar high for sure, but nothing else to show for it, lol. :)

Katie
A computer junkie, workbook hating, TV watching, iGadget addicted, eclectic homeschooling, soccer mom of 2 boys

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails