Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shhh! Maybe I shouldn't say this ....

but the grounding seems to be working.   It's my day off so I'm home in the a.m. for the first time since I implemented the new grounded-till-you-are-done-with-school plan.    It's 11:40 a.m.   My youngest is a little more than halfway done with school and my daughter has gotten a good start.  Yesterday, afternoon, I kept asking them, "Isn't it nice to be done with school?" and they agreed that it was.  My job implemented a more strict schedule a few months ago and though I complain about it, I'm glad that it makes me get up, get there and get done earlier than I used to, so that I have the rest of the day to do as a choose.  Sometimes some imposed structure can be a good thing. 

It's actually a very silly grounding list, if you go back and look at it.  It includes things like "no mouth noises" and "no having fun' and "no looking at anyone who is having fun"  and "no talking".  They are actually doing their school while teasing and joking about it the whole time, as in "hey, stop looking at me because I'm having fun and you're not done with school yet!"  Nobody's upset about it at all.  Nobody's mad.  My youngest has found a loophole and informed me this morning that the list says "no mouth noises", but it neglects to mention "nose noises"  and so he's been happily nasal humming (that's the only way I can think to describe it!) the tune from Zelda all morning while he does his work. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG.....laughing my butt off about nasal humming Zelda! That surely sounds like something Michael or Jon might come up with!! Isn't homeschool so much fun?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails