Saturday, August 20, 2011

Notebooking update.

School definitely went better the second week.  The science notebooking is going well.  I started them out with some things I knew that they already knew, kind of to make them feel smart and ease into it.  I also did not make my youngest dysgraphic son write.  I asked them to make pages of the classifications of animals, mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, etc.  They had no guidelines other than the topic and they had to look it up and do a page on it.   My youngest was thrilled when I said that he could look things up, print them out and glue them to his page, because what I was concerned about was the ability to find information.  He seemed to enjoy his pages and kept showing people and reading off the main facts to them, thereby reviewing the information over and over.  :-)  I love notebooking for that very reason.  You don't often see a child who is proud of a worksheet.  "Hey look, I filled in this blank with the word phylum", but sometimes they do get excited over notebooking pages. We'll get more complicated with these as the year goes on.

Here's a kind of a how-to notebooking blog.  Science Notebooking.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for sharing what y'all are doing. You are really giving me some good inspiration as I get my ducks in a row & ready for school this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails