Monday, August 29, 2011

Nothing much.

We don't have a lot going on around here.  It's kind of nice, for a change.  Yesterday, after church, we had breakfast for dinner and got in the pool for quite a while and it would have been great if I hadn't had one of those accident prone days I sometimes have.  I burned my arm while cooking the bacon and then dropped a full gallon pitcher of tea on my left next-to-big toe.  It's purple now.  My youngest son remarked that my toe now matches my purple toenail polish.  Hey, that's something I suppose.  Today, we did school and work and then spent some time trying to get the house presentable as we've got someone coming over tomorrow for a visit.  We really haven't had anyone over lately because we were doing that remodel and we had the laundry shelves in the living room, but when my friend said her husband could use some fallen wood to make furniture with and we have all those fallen trees from the ice storm, I just told her to come on over.  Today, we moved the laundry shelves back into the unfinished laundry room.  I've pretty much given up hope that it will ever be done anyway, so we might as well try and get back to normal as much as we can. 

The younger kids were funny tonight doing their math, trying to memorize the multiplication facts.  There was a lot of singing of the Schoolhouse Rock number songs, but unfortunately, they tend to remember the tune, but not too much of the lyrics.  Personally, the only part of the 9 song I can remember is the words "naughty, number nine."  which really does not help much when I'm trying to actually think what 9 x 7 is.  (I really have no idea where the kids get this!)  

So anyway, that's what's is going on at our homeschool, not too much, for a change.

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOL about your purple toe matching your nail polish. Hope it feels better soon! I did the same thing the other week....except it was a full jar of grape jelly that I dropped from the top shelf of the frige. Thank goodness it didn't break....because it landed on my toe.

Gidget said...

Wow and here I thought I was the only one that had problems happen in quick succession - although mine tend to deal with cooking. Last night, I ruined 4 eggs (while having breakfast for dinner!) because after I break one/cook it wrong, I can't seem to do another one right.

So sorry to hear about your toe - hoping that it heals quickly. Maybe the polish will help to disguise it for a few days (although you may have to change it to yellow polish soon)

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm a new follower to yours. You may be interested in how we learned our math tables - we actually didn't "learn" them but they can do the calculations in their head so it's as if they memorized it... Favorite Math Resource - EVER!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails