Sunday, August 07, 2011

An interesting conversation.

At the funeral the other day, I talked to my next door neighbor.  I don't really see him that often to get to talk.  He walks on the road a lot and I wave at him when I go by.  Our driveways are close and we share the same garbage container box but we both have really long driveways and our houses aren't actually very close.  Anyway, apparently he has been curious about the fact that we homeschool and his question was this, "When it snows, do you make them keep working or do you give them the day off?".  I think it's kind of a cute question and I told him that since we only get maybe 1 or 2 really good sleighriding days a year, I give them the day off and we make it up the last of May or the first of June.  He apparently thought that this was a good policy and volunteered the hill beside his house for the kids to sleighride on.  It looks like it would be very good for this and he said they were welcome to come over any time.  I think it's interesting that we are the only homeschooling family that the people around here know.  I don't know anyone else in our neighborhood or church who is homeschooling.   I guess we're kind of homeschool ambassadors here?

4 comments:

Eunice said...

Where in kentucky do you live? It must be hard not knowing many other homeschoolers in the area. I hope you can find some others.

Eunice said...

It must be hard not knowing other homeschoolers nearby. I hope you find some.

Fatcat said...

We are actually in a homeschool group with 8 other families but we have to drive about 10 miles to meet them. We see them about once a week or so.

Freakmom said...

What a nice comment from him. You must have nice kids or he'd never invite them to his sledding hill. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails