Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Worst. Ever.

My youngest said that yesterday was the worst second day of school ever.  The math test.  The spelling.  It was awful.  Of course, if he had started on it early instead of playing 3 games of HeroScape and then inventing his own board game and going outside and listening to an audio book, among other things, he might not have been finishing school at 10:30 last night and missing screen time.  I'm just saying ...  I hope today is better. 

So since I had not done any planning or purchasing or much discussing of what we are going to do this year, let me fill you all in on what we are doing.  Okay, I'm not totally sure myself, but what we are starting with is writing for the girl, which will include all the types of writing, paragraphs, essays, journalistic writing, letter writing and all that.  She also will be taking French and for that I'm going to just check various French language resources out of the library for now.  She'll be doing guitar, with the DVD that we purchased last year.  She's about halfway through it so that works out.  We'll also be doing science notebooking together. 

For the youngest, the boy has got to learn to spell and to write legibly.  That will be the focus.  We are doing some brain gym exercises and working on the Dolch spelling words, practicing handwriting and working a bit on grammar, oh yes, and also on typing in case the handwriting thing doesn't work out.   We'll see how it goes and add things in from there. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tell me about the science notebooking y'all will be doing? I'm interested in the notebooking & seeing if I can make it work for the older ones. I always see stuff that is geared more toward the younger ones. Mine are now 12, 14 & 16. You have my email, right? Would it be easier for you to email me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails