Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Time In!

My youngest son got in trouble on Friday.  My oldest son was gone to his cousin's and my daughter and I went to the grocery, leaving him home.  When we came back, we found him on my oldest son's computer playing a video game.  Now it wasn't an unapproved game or anything, but it also was not screen time.  He expected to lose the equivalent amount of screen time that evening, but I threw him a curve and gave him a month of Time In, which basically means that he's lost his home alone privileges and now has to go everywhere I do, no matter how boring, for a month.  He also can't take his Nintendo DS anywhere we go because it's grounded too (although, really, it wasn't doing anything wrong :-P).  This has been interesting so far as he's had to go chauffeuring with me several times for the older kids and he's starting to realize just how much of that I do.  It's going to be a long month for him as his sister and I have planned some trips to fabric stores and craft stores.  :-)

3 comments:

:)De said...

I like the has to go with you when you go. I think he will appreciate his privileges to stay home alone after this month is over.

Amy said...

I had to laugh about the fabric & craft stores.......oh, the torture! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for punishment!! We need to talk more to you!!! How creative and incentive...he won't be doing that again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails