Friday, May 27, 2005

We're Free! Kind of.

Home*School*Home

Yesterday, we all had our 6 month dental exams and cleanings. When we started to schedule for next time, the receptionist asked what would be a good time of day and I said that it doesn't matter. We are completely free to schedule appointments when we want. Because of the nature of my work and because the kids are homeschooled, we are now easy patients for our doctor and dentist, scheduling-wise, anyway.

What this means to me, is that our whole lives, my work, the kids school, everything important, is now dependent on me having self discipline. Me. Self-discipline. It is a scary thought. Every day, I have to be disciplined enough to sit down and work at my job even though no one is standing over me and asking me to do it. (I did ask my supervisor to start assigning me work early every morning, so I will get started sooner.) Every day, I also have to oversee the kids education. Most days, I manage to do both. Some days, neither. Hopefully, it works out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails