Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Rock. Nose.

When my oldest son was 18 months old, he came into the bathroom where I was and pointed at his nose. He said "rock." "nose." I said "do you have a rock in your nose?" and he said that he did. My husband and I got a flashlight and looked in the tiny little nose and we did see something down in there. I called the doctor's office. They advised going to the ER because they didn't have the itty bitty tool that would be needed to get it out there at the office. My best friend went with me to the ER. (DH was busy because we were having new carpet put in that evening.) We got to the ER and the doctor was very nice and he had an interesting accent that I will always remember. As he was examining my child he said "Eeet eees not a rock. Eees soft" Then he smelled it. Sniff. "Smells like Pimento." It was a piece of a pimento cheese sandwich that my son had been eating. :-)

6 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

My son did this when he was two with a black-eyed pea. We were lucky and I was able to remove it myself with tweezers but it was obvious that it had been there for many days even though he never said anything about it. Is this only a boy thing?

Fatcat said...

I don't know! My girl didn't do it but neither did my younger son! Kids are so funny.

Anonymous said...

It may be. None of my kids have done that, but my youngest brother once put a hearing aid battery in his ear to see if he would be able to hear better. No, wait! A lady at church tells the story of her daughter putting a green bean up her nose and needing to visit the ER to have it removed, so apparently girls do it too, sometimes. :-)

Perri said...

Once I was called to school to pick up Andi because she had broken her arm on the playground. As I am walking her and Zac out to the car to go to the hospital, I look over & ask innoncently, "Zac, what's in your ear?" His answer, "an eraser." Of course it was WAY down there. A second ER charge that day for "removal of foreign body from ear"

Anonymous said...

It mustn't be a boy thing because two of my daughters did the same sort of thing.
One with a bead and the other with one of those stick on earrings....

Fatcat said...

I guess it's just a kid thing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails