Monday, May 02, 2005

Abridged/Unabridged.

Home*School*Home

It turns out that the version of Anne of Green Gables that we got from the library is an abridged version. When I went on the web to find questions, worksheets, etc. I found that half of the questions didn't pertain to our version of the story. I hate it when that happens. If they are taking parts out of the story, they ought to announce it in very large letters on the front of the book!

Okay, that's my rant for today. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Hi, I came across your blog while looking for other homeschooling blogs. I totally agree that they should put "Abridged" in large letters on the book. I had the hardest time recently trying to find an unabridged "Heidi" for my daughter to read. Walmart has lots of pretty, hardbound classics right now but they all seem to be abridged.

Fatcat said...

I noticed that too about the Wal-Mart books. I mean, what is the point? I'm going to read Heidi to my kids pretty soon I think. I still have the book I had when I was a little girl so I'm lucky there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails