Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Actual Summer Media Schedule.

Okay. I admit it. There isn't one. I let the preteen win. Actually, I just said that if my schedule upset him so much that he had to come up with a better one or regulate his own video gaming and tv viewing. So far, he has done well. All of the kids have been outside a lot the past few days, actively playing for hours at a time. The oldest has been encouraging the younger two to go outside with him. This is what I wanted them to do and they are doing it their own way. Maybe the threat of having to go back on mom's schedule is why they are doing it? Maybe just because the weather has been so nice? Maybe my speech on how TV makes people fat?* I don't know, but I'm happy.

*I once read that a person staring at a blank wall burns significantly more calories per hour than a person watching television. Why? Because their brain is working.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails