Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Be careful what you wish for ...

Home*School*Home

Yesterday, I was thinking how I'd like to get out of the house more, dress up, go to an office etc. Well, I got a taste of it today. I had a doctor's appointment in a city about an hour away from here. I got to dress a little nice (nicer than my home stuff anyway), take the kids to grandma's, get in the car and drive for an hour, circle the block 4 times looking for this address (which was in not the usual building), park in a parking garage, walk half a block, take the elevator, then walk another half a block indoors, sit in a waiting room for an hour and a half, see the doctor for 5 minutes, then reverse the process until I was home again. I think it will be a while before I get the urge to work in an office again. I like earning my living barefoot, in the comfort of my own home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Now that you put it that way, I think I prefer to stay home, too! (The bare feet convinced me.)

Perri said...

In the almost 9 years I have been a SAHM, I have not missed working even a nano second. I was a paralegal. I did it - I was good at it - but I like this life better!

Now most days we don't crawl out of bed until the time I would have been sitting down to my desk. Talk about a change!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails