Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update.

Okay, I spoke too soon.  When I posted yesterday, oldest son had 1 of 8 math lessons done and after I blogged about it, we talked about the adventure list and decided that one of yesterday's adventures was going to be to get pizza.  The youngest 2 and I headed off to an art gallery and then got the pizza and brought it home while he stayed home and concentrated.  He got 6 of 8 lessons done.  I had told him last week that since he was doing algebra 2 and geometry both this year, that he could have until Wednesday to get it done, so I was pleased with his progress after all.  He was motivated by the pizza.  Hey, whatever works.  We have a Little Caesars in town now so we got a Hot and Ready 5 dollar pizza.  Apparently, it was very good.

We did 3 adventures yesterday for no particular reason.  Since it was so hot, we sorted them into a hot and a cool jar and did some things that would not take us out into the heat.  (Yes, we realize that we are wimps!)  First we did bubble art which involves putting food coloring into the bubble solution and catching the bubbles on paper and letting them pop.  It looks really cool.  I'll take a picture of it whenever I get batteries in my camera again.  (It's always something.)  So then we did the art gallery and got pizza and then came home and got in the pool. (PE!)   At the art gallery my daughter was inspired by a hanging hammock chair so now she may be learning macrame to try and make her own.  She didn't have enough birthday money left to buy it outright, but what's the challenge in that anyway?  Really, I think the fact that we don't have a lot of spare money has really fueled her creativity.  How's that for a way to think positively?

This is just a picture of the sunset.  If I have my camera with me, I love to take sky pictures for some reason.

2 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

Okay, I can't see the picture of the sunset, but, if I think about pizza, I can see it in my mind. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hello. I am a reporter with The Associated Press. This is not a comment (though I liked the post) but a request to speak to Dana about a post elsewhere about her gluten-free diet. I'd like to speak to you for an AP story about gluten-free diets. If you are interested, please drop a line to me at mhill@ap.org. Thanks.

Michael Hill
Associated Press

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails