Monday, August 09, 2010

Setting sail ...

Today's the day we start school.  Weirdly, I'm at work at my Mom's house and my husband is getting the kids awake and starting them on algebra and geometry.  I'm 3 miles away and have headphones on, but at the current time I don't hear any whining.  Maybe they haven't started yet?  Here's the tentative schedule we're going to use this week.  I can't paste it into blog so I put it on google docs.  August 2010 Schedule
We use a very simple checklist system and I'm sure that I will be changing it and tweaking it constantly throughout the year.  We'll try and follow it exactly this week and then have a family discussion to see what didn't work about it and what needs to be changed.  This block schedule is very different from the individual checklists we usually use so we are sailing into uncharted territory here.  Hey, it's an adventure. 

2 comments:

A bit of hodge podge said...

Thank you for the schedule and idea! I definitely think it is something we can work into our schedule and lives. Good luck with yours.

Mother Mayhem said...

Make sure you're all wearing life jackets. ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails