Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sometimes I think

that I am just not cut out to be a girl. I really don't go in for these things that women are supposed to like to do.  For example, showers.  I don't mean the kind that involve water.  I love those. I mean wedding showers and baby showers.  I do not enjoy them one little bit.  I spent 3 hours today at a shower for a lovely young woman in our family.  I like her very much.  I enjoyed picking out a present that I thought she would like and giving it to her, but I  did not enjoy going to her shower.   It was 3 hours long!  Did I mention that?   For the first hour, we sat around answering questions about how much we know the bride. Then we ate.  Then we watched her open presents, kind of.  I really couldn't see all that well and I definitely couldn't hear, it was so loud.  It seemed to take a long time.   But, at least at showers, you don't have to dress formally. 

Next month we have 2 weddings to go with the 2 showers we have this month. :-(

Like I said, I don't make a very good girl.  I don't have any enthusiasm at all for these kinds of things.   I don't know what my issue is.  I may just have already hit my limit of these kind of events.  As a (retired!) wedding singer I have certainly been to more than my share.  Tons.  I've probably been to 50 weddings in my time.  That's more than average isn't it? 

I also avoid most family reunions, high school reunions and parties so it may just be that I am an introvert.

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

I think you may just have burnout. ;o)

I'm not much of a "party" goer myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails