Thursday, August 19, 2010

Block schedule, the good and the bad.

I still think it's working pretty well.  It's only week two so there may be issues that come up later.  We're at Thursday, the math is done for the week, spelling, grammar, nutrition, guitar, biology, writing, assigned reading, all done.  Tomorrow is the easiet day.  I think there's some kind of good psychological impact to getting all that hard stuff overwith early in the week.  Another good thing, my daughter played her first song on the guitar this morning, a 2 chord song, and she played it well enough that I could sing along.  That was cool.   One bad thing is that we're not sure how to do our freebies.  It used to be that you could 'freebie" or skip one thing each week that you didn't want to do as long as it wasn't math; but now if you skip spelling one day, you skip a whole week's spelling.  We may have to only use freebies for one of the daily things?  I don't know.  I've taken that under advisement for now.

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

I think freebies should be on a daily basis only. My 2 cents. ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails