Monday, March 31, 2014

Trying to get some things done.

My day off is Monday now.  It's very strange.  I think I really might like it.  I had a dentist appointment this morning so I got up and kind of rushed out for that.  I got up at 9:00 a.m. and the appointment was at 10:00 so I took a quick shower and went.  Then I went to get my hair done.  It was great, no crowd on a Monday morning and I actually like my haircut, which is weird.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll hate it tomorrow.  I generally do.  :-)  Yesterday, on my other day off (two in a row!) I went to the children's hospital to volunteer.  I haven't been able to go for several weeks and I had missed it.  I was very much needed.  They had had no volunteers all day, I was the only one, and they had a lot of fussy little babies.  I stayed a bit overtime holding one because he was sleeping so good and he needed it.  Also, I finally, finally took some blankets there that my daughter's 4H needlework club made last year.  The plan had been that we'd donate the blankets and I'd take my daughter for a photo-op for the 4H newsletter, but it's too far to just drive down there for no reason, gas prices being what they are and she didn't want to sit and wait while I volunteered for 4 hours, so finally, I just took them and dropped them off without the photo op.  At least it is done.  I am also trying to get some phone calls made today.  If you've been reading this blog for long, you know I hate making phone calls, so I will be happy when those are done.
In school news, the girl got her work done last week but the boy did not and so he is grounded again.  The local schools are on spring break this week, but since we match our schedule with my older son's college schedule and took it 2 weeks ago, we are not.  :-) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails