Tuesday, March 11, 2014

We actually made it this time. Barely.

We went to Mammoth Cave again.  If you remember last time, they didn't have the cheap tour that we wanted, having made it only on the weekends or something, and so we couldn't afford to go in.  We just went to the opening of the cave and looked in that time.  This time we pulled into the parking lot at 2:25 for the 2:30 tour, but we made it.  I personally didn't go see the cave.  I saw it last year or the year before, and it probably hasn't changed that much.  I sat in the car for a while and sipped a grape soda and finished reading my book, then did a little art journaling and then wandered around the visitor center/museum area.  They were in the cave for an hour and 15 minutes and I had a very pleasant time by myself.  My daughter asked me why I went when I didn't want to see the cave again, but we went to the Mystery House and Dairy Queen and I didn't want to miss those things, so I went.  The ones who got to go inside, including my oldest son, had a really good time.  Now they are back to hanging out, being silly and watching Batman in my living room.  Spring break has been so much fun.  :-)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails