Sunday, March 09, 2014

Up/Down.

It's been that kind of a weekend.  My son and his friends arrived last night.  We had a great time getting to know each other, playing board games and video games and then we all went to bed.  About 4:00 a.m., I heard retching and throwing up noises coming from the boy's room.  Apparently, one of the young men had contracted food poisoning on the way home at one of the restaurants where they stopped to eat.  He was very ill for several hours.  My son took care of him like a trooper, thank goodness.  So that young man has been lying around all day sleeping off the anti-nausea medication we gave him.  The others went outside for a while, but they've been sleepy too, because of the time change, the 1 hour time zone crossing that they did they lost 2 hours of sleep.  So we've had fun and laughs and illness here at home. 


On the mom front, no-one in my mom's family is happy with the place she is living.  They claim that the lady who keeps her is not nice to her.  My brother and I who are in and out of there the most, haven't really seen any evidence of that.  I don't know.  If this lady is not being nice to mom, then I will definitely move her, but I really, really, really hate to put mom through another move.  It has been extremely stressful, with her moving twice in just a few months and I think she may settle down there.  We found out today that the lady that runs the place has been giving mom coffee 8 or 9 cups a day, caffeinated and is it just me, or does that seem like it might be the reason mom is hyper and not able to sleep at night? 

Anyway, that's my life.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails