Saturday, March 08, 2014

Why?

Why do I have a piece of paper at the top of my computer screen with the word "door" on it you ask?  Because it used to be, on the program that I have been using for the past 12 or 13 years, that we clicked the little X at the top right to close the program, save and exit, but now, we have to click on the little yellow door with the little green arrow through it that you see to the left of this photo.  One small change, no big deal, right?  Sure.  Until that moment when I have just finished spending half an hour typing a very difficult report, click the little X, lose the entire report and have to type it again for no pay.  Then it seems like a very big deal.  Hence, the sign, covering the X and making me remember to click on that darn little door.  Since this photo, I have replaced the messing looking back of a grocery list sign for a very neat little post-it note. 

In positive news, I did get a job interview, it's for another medical transcription company where they actually still type the reports, so I am hopeful.  I really kind of think I'd rather have a different job, like the other ones I have been applying for, but if it is not meant to be, then I guess I can accept it.   This one probably pays twice as much as those do.   I do have some questions to ask at the interview, but I doubt any of them would be dealbreakers for me.  We'll see I guess. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails