Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve.

What am I doing?  Working.  That's what I do.  The kids are still out of school for the holidays, but I've been back at work since the day after Christmas.  I think I'm almost done for the day.  I just whipped up some yummy gluten free chili and out of necessity tonight, I'm staying in and nesting or something.  Yesterday, my vehicle had a weird little episode that's going to cost us a couple of hundred dollars at least and is requiring me to stay home tonight.  Technically, I guess maybe I could take my husband's car, but I'm okay with staying here.  We were gone almost all day yesterday to a family party and as usual, I came home exhausted.  Why do those kind of things make a person so tired?  It's worse than work, worse than volunteering at the hospital, worse than housecleaning, the kind of tired I get from a family party.  I need to start working out and maybe imbibe some red bull or something.  Maybe Xanax.  :-)  (kidding!).   

As to my friends I posted about yesterday, the one friend's mom did die, as expected.  She was 88 and she was ready and it was peaceful.  She lived on her own, at home, until a week ago and was happy and productive.  You can't beat that really, as a way to go.  I hope her family has peace with her passing.   One of her daughters was a late in life baby and is in her 40s, so it might be hardest for her.  I don't know. 

My other friend's husband is now at a bigger more sophisticated ICU in the city, but he's doing a little bit better, moving his hands and wiggling his toes a little bit on request.  He's still on a ventilator and they still have a very hard row to hoe as they say here in Kentucky, but it sounds hopeful.  I hope so for his wife's sake and for their kid's sake. 

1 comment:

Justine said...

Hello,

My name is Justine Gamble. I recently published a multisensory homeschool curriculum and am preparing for a big marketing push to begin in January. I am looking for respected homeschool bloggers to review and post give aways for me. My website is http://girlsofamericanhistory.com/ and my FB page is http://www.facebook.com/GirlsOfAmericanHistory. We will have testimonials and new samples and images up on the website soon.


I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Justine Gamble

“Like” the Facebook page for notices of future giveaways.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails