Friday, December 14, 2012

Sleep/chore correlation schedule, day 1.

It's going very well.  The kids and I revised the schedule last night, because they question everything.  (Life with teens, right?)  Anyway, we came up with a schedule that says that if they get up by 9, no chores at all and then the later they get up, the more chores they have.  I think it's fair.  They both got up a little after 10, which is reasonable, I think, for teenagers.  They do have a biological need to go to sleep later and get up later.   So today, they have a smaller chore time than they are used to and only have to do general cleaning, picking up and putting away for 5 minutes.  They also have assigned chores like loading and unloading the dishwasher that need to be done the same as always and are not affected, but giving them a little break like this makes them happy and I'm still getting some picking up and straightening done, so I'm okay with it.  I really don't forsee them very often getting up early enough to have no chores, though it could happen I guess.  :-) 

Now we need to add back in the "mom has to exercise or the kids don't have to do school" clause in our school schedule because I have really been slacking in my exercise and this is a way to help me do it.  Although, on second thought, I think that can wait until January, don't you?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails