Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's coming so fast.

Borax crystal snowflake from one of our first years of homeschooling.
This Christmas season is just zip, zip, zipping by.   As always, I am worried I won't get my shopping done.  :-(    I need to remind myself that if I do have to just go pick up a bunch of gift cards, it won't be the end of the world, but gift cards kind of feel like I'm cheating.  Does anyone else feel that way?  I think deep down, I feel like, not only should I keep working this holiday season with no time off (except Christmas day) but I should keep volunteering, go to all the special events and parties, keep my house clean and buy everyone absolutely the perfect gifts.   It's not happening of course.  The first thing, always the first thing I give up, is any thought of having a clean house.  I may have a party when my oldest is going back to school and if I do, then I'll clean the house.  :-P  Really though, I do like having it clean-ish on Christmas morning before the gifts are opened.  This is about the time when I kind of start wishing it was all over.  I'm trying to get myself into good spirits by playing the Go Fish Christmas Album.  I do love their harmonies so much. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Is your Boy home from school yet? We got Ashley Tues. evening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails