Friday, August 08, 2008

A teensy bit annoyed.

I think I mentioned that an old friend wanted to find out about working as a medical transcriptionist and invited herself here to my house today? So I got up a bit early, got some work done, cleaned the house for over an hour (with the kids help), downloaded a job so that she could hear what it sounds like (personal data of the patient concealed of course because of confidentiality, although the odds that she would know any patient 3000 miles away from where we live is pretty dang remote.), put on some less junkly clothes than I would normally just wear at home and excused the kids from morning school to help with the cleaning. Then we waited. I did do some typing while waiting. It's now 2:00 p.m. She was supposed to come at noon. She didn't call or anything.

2 comments:

These Are The Days said...

Wow! That is pretty rude and I would absolutely be annoyed. You don't know me but I'm a new home school mom. I am enjoying your blog so far. I have a lot to learn and hope to get some good advice from nice home school moms who share their experiences and ideas...thank goodness!

The Cooking Lady said...

I would definitely call her and tell her exactly what you did in preparation for her arrival. A little humiliation never hurt anyone.

Grrrr!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails