Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The reason.

Last night, at 7:00 p.m., promptly, we all discovered the reason the alarm hadn't gone off at 7:00 a.m. yesterday.  Yes.  I set it wrong.  However, I am kind of glad I did because of the snow yesterday because if I had gotten up on time, I would have had to agonize over the decision of whether to go despite the slick conditions on the road.  I am not the greatest with decisions like that, especially early in the morning.  So I got up, called mom's caregiver, called the clinic and rescheduled.  Then later, after the roads had been cleared, I went and got mom and took her for her TB test and took the VA paperwork to the person who is helping with that application.  I did get something accomplished yesterday and it felt good to get that out of the way.  And also, I can't emphasize this enough, it felt great not to have to go to the pain clinic yesterday.  If you have read my blog for long, you will know that I hate that place.  I love the service they provide and all of the people are nice, however, the waiting and waiting and waiting, just makes me crazy.  Yes, I know we still have to go but I am just as childish as my kids when they are wanting to take a day off school - I realize I have to do it later, but I don't have to do it TODAY.  :-P

I had a good visit with mom in the car as we were running errands and she told me that she likes this place she is living better than living alone and the people are nice.  There was no crying from either of us.  (I nicknamed the road that the old assisted living facility was on "The Trail of Tears".).  This is such a relief.    Thank God.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails