Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hmm.

We are in another new normal here.  In the one week that Mom has been in her new home, things have been so different.  I went up to see her Monday night and she seemed reasonably happy.  She wanted to live with someone and now she lives with 4 other people.  My brother and I are now in the process of working on applying for VA benefits for her.  My Dad served in the army in the Korean Conflict.  He never talked about it much, but he drove a truck and was not in combat.  The kids and I looked at his service record and found it interesting.  He worked for an engineering unit, building bridges and was 5 feet 8 inches and weighed 145 pounds.  He was drafted from Cook County Illinois and was an employee of Club La Conga in Chicago as a musician.  I think that the fact that my mom, a rural KY girl who wanted to be a missionary, married at 20, a 27 year old divorced musician who was passing through town is one of the reasons I'm so odd.  :-P    At least, that's my excuse.  My Dad was also from rural Kentucky and I guess followed the music scene to Chicago.  I'm really not sure why he was there.  A couple of his siblings also showed evidence of wanderlust and moved all over the country throughout their lives so maybe it was just that.

Speaking of musicians, my oldest son has branched out a lot in his musical tastes and has brought some interesting music home for us to listen to.  For some reason, I am enjoying this 21 Pilots cover of Can't Help Falling In Love so I thought I'd share.  The guy singing has a great voice and it is one of the best songs of all times, so maybe that's why.  Anyway, here it is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails