Saturday, January 11, 2014

Some more.

Today, we are going out to the original assisted living facility to get the rest of the stuff out of there.  There is a twin mattress and box springs and a table and chairs and a few other things, some toiletries and towels.  Last week when we moved mom was such a blur with 7 of us moving things and making decisions on what to take and what not to take since we weren't sure if this was going to be a permanent move or not, that I am not sure what we left there.  Just to be on the safe side, I'm taking all of my wonderful children with me.  They are fabulous human beings and I am grateful for that.  Very grateful.  With every fiber of my being, I am thankful that my kids, my brother and my husband have supported me and done all kinds of things for me to help make this easier.  Still, I feel like there has been a death in my family.  I am having a grief reaction and I am trying all my coping mechanisms to deal with it.  I have the crazy urge to sit and play The Sims like I did after my Dad died but I don't currently have it on a computer.  Why does it relax me, I do not know.  Volunteering with the babies in the NICU is also something else that helps me with my stress.  I chose to go see my homeschool friends instead of the babies at the children's hospital this week (though I am not sure which helps most) and hey, whatever it takes. 

Things that help me personally with stress and grief, in no particular order.
Prayer, but a lot of times when I am stressed or grieved, I can't organize my thoughts or prayers.
Someone else doing chores for me or cooking.
Certain comfort foods, white chocolate peppermint bark (especially Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses).
The Sims
Reading.
Art Journaling.
Back rubs.
Watching Monk or Big Bang Theory.
My Sunday School Class. (It is like a therapy session, I swear I feel like I need to write the teacher a check for 150.00 every time I walk out of there.)
Volunteering.
Laughing and playing games with my family.
Freckles, which would be an odd contribution to this list, if I meant actual Freckles, but I mean my dog who is named Freckles.  :-)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails