Thursday, January 30, 2014

The blahs.

A lady at our church passed away this week, a single woman who never married, never had kids, but was a wonderful addition to our church family.  She was always good to the kids and sometimes crotchety (synonyms are cross, ornery and contrary) with the adults, okay, almost always crochety with the adults, but we loved her anyway.  Her funeral was today.  I didn't go for several reasons, one was that I didn't feel well at all and another was that my husband needed the car to go to town for some things.  I am also feeling kind of sad because today would have been my Dad's 84th birthday and yesterday was the fourth anniversary of his death.  So I am taking comfort measures today, taking it easy, art journaling, making no-bake oatmeal cookies (the ultimate comfort food) and hopefully I will feel better and be up to going to the children's hospital to see the babies tonight.  I feel like I need to.  I think it will help my disposition -- my crotchety-ness, if you will.  We'll see I guess.

I'm also looking for a new job, always fun.  :-P



1 comment:

Freakmom said...

So sorry for your losses. You are right to take care of yourself through it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails