Sunday, January 26, 2014

A book review and other things from our new new normal.

I am looking for my place in the new new normal.  Yes, I am still a homeschooling mom for at least the next 2 1/2 years unless the youngest graduates early.  Whether or not I will continue to be a medical transcriptionist/editor is in question.  I have been applying for other jobs, but have had no luck yet, no response at all yet.  I'm trying to find my footing after a year of some very difficult physical issues, joint pain making it very difficult for me to walk at times.  At the recommendation of the bloggers at The Common Room, I bought some Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue and Bone supplement and surprisingly, it has really helped.  I still have some knee pain, but the all over joint pains are fading.  It's weird and unexpected.  So anyway, the things that I was focused on in 2013, finding a solution to mom's issues and trying to deal with my physical pain may be in the past.  I fervently hope so.  Mom seems okay and my joints are getting better.  So now, what?  I need to figure out a career path and enjoy my last 2 years of homeschooling.  And then, what? what?  what?  I have no idea.  I have had some plans but they all seem to have fallen through.

Last week I was reading blogs and I found a list of book recommendations.  I got a couple of them from the library, 1000 gifts by Ann Voskamp and a book about being an astronaut called An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield.  I started trying to read 1000 Gifts and though it is beautiful and poetic, it just does not suit my reading style.  I keep skipping over the poetic parts and then find that it is all poetic parts and I've gone through several pages without getting anything out of it.  In theory, it's a great book about being thankful for all the little things in life, but the writing style is just not one I can get my teeth into.

I'll let you all know about the astronaut book. 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails