Saturday, July 05, 2008

What to do?

We're invited to 2 parties today at exactly the same time. I enjoy parties but I've been thinking and kind of wondering if I could send the kids and husband and steal some alone time. I can't remember the last time I had any alone time. It has been a while. I'm sure I'd enjoy either of the parties very much, but I'd also enjoy having peace and quiet, finishing my book, maybe taking a long soak in the tub ...
I'll decide later.

This morning, I'm working and the younger 2 kids are watching TV. Saturday morning is their main block of TV time for the week. The TV schedule is working well because now I don't have to keep up with any individual schedules. Everyone knows now when it is on and when it should be off and the kids have gotten pretty good about turning it off, most of the time.

The oldest child is still asleep. He has had 3 sleepovers this week. The first one, he slept okay, the second one, he slept about 3 hours and the third one, not at all. When we picked him up and brought him home yesterday, he'd been awake for about 30 hours. He kept nodding off in the car and when we got home, he walked in his room and we haven't seen him since. I have opened up his door and listened for breathing a couple of times. ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails