Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rotten Week.

There's just no way else to say it. It's been a rotten week. My mom's been sick all week and I've been trying to keep their dishes washed, mail in, medications straight, etc. while also attending to our household and now our air conditioning is out and we are so unbelievably hot and miserable. It's 89 degrees in our house at 10:00 p.m. and we can't get it to cool down. It's only 80 outside, but it seems no air will circulate. I have windows open and fans on, but we're still absolutely miserable. I'm going to tuck away some money for the next time this happens for a HOTEL. This is pitiful. I know we are wimps and our ancestors didn't have air conditioning, but when you are used to it, it's hard to transition to not having it, suddenly, on one of the hottest days of the year (98 degrees this afternoon). Also, the kids and I went to get gas this afternoon and we couldn't get the gas cap off of the van. I totally can't understand why we can't get it off, but we can't. We stopped short of asking strange men at the gas station to open it for us. I hope next week is better.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I sure hope you have a better week next week & Your Mom feels better soon : )

Anonymous said...

Aw, your title just led me to read your blog today and I do pray that things turn upward soon! Ugh, it sure is hot outside; I don't know where you are at, but it is the same temp here in TX and it is miserable!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SUMMER IS OVER OVER OVER!! Blessings!

Amy said...

Boy....hope your week gets better, Dana! It's hot here too.....97 today & we don't have AC downstairs.....which we CAN tolerate.....but what I'm most thankful for is that the bedrooms have AC. At least we can sleep comfortably at night.

Fatcat said...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

The A/C going off was just kind of the straw that broke the camel's back this week and it just kind of pushed me over the edge after everything else that had happened. I think maybe I'm on more of an even keel now.

Hopefully.

Thanks again for the well-wishes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails