Thursday, May 15, 2008

A few things.

Today we're doing school and work as usual. My mind is going forward to see how we are going to end this school year, what kind of summer routine we'll have, if any, what we may start with next year, etc. I'm still holding off buying anything until the May 30 local homeschool book sale. I've made a wish list which I currently can't find in this mess on my desk. I'll need to find that before we go to the sale!

I'm considering joining an educational co-op in a neighboring town next fall. I think it would be cool for the kids to meet some more homeschoolers and take art, cooking, science and karate classes, but I'll have to teach or help in some way and I'm not sure what I could do or how well my youngest will do in a group setting. He gets a little self conscious sometimes about his slow reading. I might either put him in a class with his sister or be the teacher's assistant in all his classes. I'll have to give that some thought.

Finally, a couple of conversations we've had around here, with the youngest, of course. That boy is just interesting. He's one of those creative, right-brained learners who is slow in some types of left brain dominant activities like reading and quick in everything else. Anyway this morning he was telling me that he's invented a super hero named Stan who uses toys in unusual ways, as in the 'soccer ball of death' and once used dominos to build stairs to climb out of a volcano.
Last night, he was wondering what if someone ate an egg that they thought was a chicken egg but it was really a phoenix egg and from then on, their stomach would catch on fire and explode and then a new stomach would rise from their old stomach's ashes ... I told you the boy was interesting.

I've also been trying to get work done and update my Cafepress store for Father's Day.

I can't believe how quickly this week has zipped by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails