Sunday, October 15, 2006

The search for jeans that fit.

My daughter has outgrown and worn out just about all her jeans and was down to 1 pair. The ones that she outgrew were 10 regular. Fortunately, she's had shorts and capris to wear all summer, but now that it's getting cold, she needs jeans. So, I took her to Wal-mart last week thinking she'd probably wear a girls size 12, but all the 12's were too small and all the 14s were too big. Today, I made a 30 minute drive to the next town over to get her some jeans at JC Penney, thinking since she was between a 12 and a 14, maybe either the 12 plus or the 14 slim would fit, but no, guess what size she got after trying on many, many pairs of pants? 10 regular. Weird. The good news is that Penney's is having a great sale today and the jeans were buy one pair, get the second pair for 88 cents!

4 comments:

Funky-Redhead said...

So, even with gas prices, you came out on top! Love it when that happens!

Fatcat said...

Oh yeah, I think I came out pretty good. I got my youngest 2 pairs of pants in the 7 slim that he wears, my oldest 2 shirts and my daughter 2 pairs of jeans that are normally 26.99, all for 59.00. I love a bargain!

Janet said...

Glad you found some bargains! Isn't sizing weird?

Fatcat said...

Yes it is! I think I'll stick with Penneys for a while for the jeans and just shop the sales. They had so many cute styles for girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails