Monday, October 16, 2006

Fall break continues.

The problem with taking a fall break is getting back into school mode. We've been in fall cleaning mode today. We've finally gotten some time to clean and organize the kids rooms. At least we had today, I should say, with no crises. I'm not counting on getting to work on it tomorrow too, but I hope so. We've been searching the local classifieds and Craig's list and found a cool bunk for the younger kids room and a loft bed for older son's room. We've temporarily got the younger two together in a room and they are enjoying it. We finally got their bunk set up today and we will try to get older son's loft up tomorrow. We've been decluttering and trying to get all their toys organized, which is a really big job. It kind of looks like we may be doing a full 2 week fall break, other than that one day of school we did last week. We might do a couple this week too, just to prepare for next week, when we get started back at school, hopefully.

4 comments:

Janet said...

You mean, we're supposed to educate them each and every year? I was thinking of taking 2nd grade off and starting up again next year I'm so far behind where I thought I'd be.

Hope the bedrooms turn out great! There must be some educating going on with that. Measuring, square footage, budgeting...

Funky-Redhead said...

ugh! I hate it when peolpe blog about organizing! I am an addict! And it makes me want to forget about homeschooling and go label a bin somewhere!lol

Anonymous said...

was going to tackle the kids rooms while they were camping, but spent the time enjoying me instead. Now you make me want to get in their and clean and organize!!! Enjoy your fall break!! School is happening while you are working and you just don't realize it!!
Post pictures of the new rooms!!
Can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

I was able to get a bunk for my girls last year and it has been a lifesaver! I will be searching soon for a twin bed for my ds -- because we are re-doing his room.

You are right -- it IS hard to get back into the swing of things once you take a break!

Sherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails