Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Work At Home

I've been working at home, doing medical transcription, since my last child was born, almost 7 years ago. Before that, I worked in a hospital transcription department. What I like about working at home is the flexibility, the lack of a commute and the fact that I can work while doing other things, like homeschooling or taking care of a sick child. I work in the bedroom, so the kids can lie on my bed if they are sick and I can keep an eye on them. The main thing is that I am available to my children most of the time even though I work. That's important to me. On the other hand, some days it would be very nice to dress up and go out to work. Somewhere far, far away. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, do I hear you! Preferably in a job that does NOT involve children...

Fatcat said...

Exactly!

Janet said...

I miss lunches with coworkers too. A hotdog with my daughter is nice, but every once in a while table service and adult conversation would be great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails