Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday.

Home*School*Home

Today we are back to work. We'll finish Maniac Magee and do some wrap-up activities. One of the underlying themes of this book is racism and how this one kid unites this town that was racially divided. My kids have no concept of what racism is, I explained that the people didn't like each other because they had different skin colors and they thought that was the craziest thing they'd ever heard. Tomorrow, we'll start Anne of Green Gables, I think.

Don't you love the way I'm not sure from day to day? This indecision is driving me (and probably you) crazy, but the kids don't see all the indecision and they are learning. I do want to get a curriculum though. I want to wait until I can go to a book sale and look at the books, inside, but I don't know if I want to wait until the end of May because I want to go ahead and start a unit this spring and another thing, I'm not a patient person!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails