Sunday, April 17, 2005

Unit Study.

Well, it is Sunday morning and I don't know what we are going to study next week. To me, that definitely indicates that I need to order a curriculum next year. I'm also going to rearrange my daily plan/schedule so that we aren't doing the same things every day. I think maybe moving each subject to every other day but spending longer on each subject might be the way to go. Sometimes you just need a change.

I talked to another homeschool mom yesterday about how to get the kids to complete their work everyday in a more timely fashion and she said that she doesn't let them leave the school-room area until they are finished with their work. Period. I think that is a good plan. We'll have sceduled breaks but otherwise, stay in the kitchen until we are completely done. I hope it works. (fingers crossed.)

Now I need to get everyone awake and start the laundry show. It is rather boring to me, but the 2 younger kids enjoy watching the washing machine work. Anyone want to come over and see it? The admission price is very reasonable. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I talked to a 3rd grade teacher a few weeks ago, and she told me they spend a few weeks on social studies, then a few weeks on science, then back to social studies. She said it is just too hard to fit both in every single day, so she does a unit from one, then a unit from the other. I thought that sounded neat.

Fatcat said...

I think spending more time on each thing and rotating them might work better. I'm going to try it. I'll probably post my new plan on here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails