Saturday, April 16, 2005

Please Stop Talking.

Home*School*Home

Two of my children are talkers. They talk a lot. My oldest and my youngest. I think the middle child is in the realm of the normal amount of talking for an 8-year-old child. It may be just that she can't get a word in a lot of the time. She does write me a lot of notes. Hmmm. My oldest son doesn't talk as much as he used to when he was younger, but still quite a bit. My youngest, however, talks. A lot. If no one is around, he'll talk to himself. He talks in the bathroom, in the tub, in the car, while playing; constantly, even in his sleep! It is funny because he's always been extremely talkative at home but in public, he hardly says anything. One time he said something to me at a family party and a lady there said "He can talk!" and I said, "I would hope so, he's 5 years old!" She had seen him hundreds of times, but never heard him talk. The irony of that comment, with me sometimes saying, "Honey, please stop talking for a minute, mommy needs to ___ (fill in the blank: work, breathe, think!!) is incredible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails