Friday, November 23, 2012

It's Thanksgiving again ...

A few years back, my family and I would celebrate Thanksgiving twice on Thanksgiving day.  One meal was supposed to be at noon and the other was supposed to be at 5 o'clock.  However, my mother-in-law's meal was always on the table late and my mom's meal was always on the table early.  So one year, we were trying to show enthusiasm for a big turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes spread a mere 2 1/2 hours after we had just finished one, we decided we'd had enough and asked that my mom, who had fewer people to accommodate, would please have her dinner on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  She agreed and that's been the tradition ever since.  So this year, since my son has to go back to Mississippi tomorrow (we couldn't get a plane ticket for Sunday :-( )  and my husband and I both have to work today, we're having a Thanksgiving dinner this evening.  

Last night, my oldest son and I ventured to Wal-mart, just before the madness started, to return some of his pants.  He's lost 100 pounds and can't get used to his new size.  On Tuesday, we went and got him 4 shirts and 3 pairs of pants and then after he got home, he decided that all the shirts were really too big and went and got different shirts and then last night, he had decided that 2 of the pants were really too baggy also, so we went and exchanged those for smaller sizes as well.    Everyone was lining up for the bargains and we escaped.  :-)   It's not my style right now.  I'm not ruling it out for the future, because I might enjoy the adventure.  Last night I was aware this was really my son's last evening at home until Christmas, since we're going to Mom's tonight and so I wanted to go home and enjoy it.  We kicked off our holiday movie viewing with Home Alone.  We'll have to watch it again, because my husband had to go to bed, but we'll manage.  :-) 

Today, my youngest has planned to put up the Christmas tree and he has made an MP3 music list for the occasion.  I'm actually in the Christmas spirit this year, ya'll, not my usual mood, which is kind of like this guy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails