Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On my mind today.

I have various things on my mind today.  My husband and kids are getting rid of things today because our county is doing its annual 'bulky item" garbage pickup this week..  We finally got rid of the couch that I hated in the living room and the living room looks so big now.  (yay!)   I'm also worrying a bit a lot about this choir thing.  My daughter talked me into singing for the Easter concert, and then I got asked to sing this duet and another couple of songs that are way above my skill level.  Consequently, I am stressed about that.  I kind of feel like I should do it because of that whole thing I'm always telling the kids about how they should step outside their comfort zone and should not avoid doing something just because it's going to be difficult, blah, blah, blah.  Oh, how my words have come back to haunt me now.  Should I?  I'll feel bad for the concert attendees and the rest of the choir if I mess it up but I'll also feel  bad if I don't even try.  :-(

Also on my mind is what my oldest son should do.  He's currently on a gap year basically.  He has delayed college to find a job to help with costs and hasn't found a job so he's just helping out around the house (a little) and practicing guitar (a lot) and art (a lot).  Meanwhile, I've been looking around for ways to cut college expenses and have found these that are worth mentioning.

Straighter Line - Freshman year of college for 1000 bucks.

Berea College 

College of the Ozarks

Internships

More internships.

City Vision College - Another work your way through kind of college. 

Clep - College by examination.

Thomas Edison College.  (The tuition here is less expensive than a lot of places and I have heard it rumored that they accept a lot of CLEP courses as well.)

As you can see, my mind has not been a blank today as it sometimes is.  Today, it's just full to bursting with all kinds of stuff.  Makes it hard to concentrate on work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails