Thursday, January 12, 2012

Get Er Done Day.

Today my youngest son has declared it to be Get Er Done Day.  He set his alarm for 7:00 a.m. and has spent the morning catching up on the school work he needs to get done this week.  I mentioned last week that they had went off grid for their lessons and no longer follow a set schedule, but have a magnetic/white board and they have all the lessons for the week on there.  They might do all of their writing lessons on Monday, all math on Tuesday, whatever they choose.  Last week, it extended into late Friday night but this week seems to be going better.  My daughter was done with all math for the week yesterday and my son is taking responsibility and getting his stuff done mostly today.  I suppose if I want to add a new subject to their list, I can just write it on an index card, hand them the book and say "find a way to work this in".  My job just gets easier and easier.  I guess that's the point with parenting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails