Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday night, again.

Vincent Van Gogh, Wheat Field Under Threatening Skies
It's Friday night at 8:23 p.m.  and no one's done with school.  They do have plans to finish up soon, so does that count?  I'm rolling my eyes here, though you can't see me.  I was hoping when I started working at home again that my get up and get it done early work ethic would wear off on the kids, but it most definitely has not.   I got my work done today, went to the library to get some books, and then to Walmart for a few minutes and then did the dreaded grocery shopping.  Wow, those prices just go up and up.  We were out of everything and that did not help.  The store brand peanut butter in the size I always get (although I kind of think it might be smaller now) has went, in the last 2 years, from 4.99 to 8.99.  It's crazy.  Right in the middle of the grocery shopping, it suddenly hit me that I was exhausted.  (The left side of my back started hurting and now I think I may have a kidney infection.  Oh.  Joy. )  It was, of course, not as bad as the before-I-went-gluten-free-constant exhaustion that I used to have, but still, it was kind of bad.  Pretty much nothing makes me feel as bad as eating wheat does.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails