Tuesday, November 01, 2011

November already.

Yes, I know.  I always do this.  I can't believe how fast the time just goes by.  Anyway, it's November and we had a beautiful day today, but everyone at my house feels like they are coming down with a cold.  :-(  Oh well. It's that time of year after all.

I am kind of enjoying working at home again, although I'm not sure where I want to set up.  I used to work in the bedroom, but I kind of hate being separated from everyone for most of the day and sitting in a very dark corner with no view.  Right now I am working in the kitchen, which is good as far as lighting goes and handy for the phone and I can get up and load the dishwasher or cook while I'm waiting for work to download.  Also, I'm right near a major path in the house and 3 times today kids have stopped on their way by and hugged me.  I'm also within great nagging reminding range and I can tell the kids to get back to work on school work or to be quieter without getting up.  I think I might stay right here, but I'll need to come up with some way to make this area look neater.  Right now, it's a mess of computer cords, medical terminology books and various junk.  I also have my computer sitting right on the dining room table, which keeps anyone from sitting here and eating, so I might need to get some kind of rolling desk that I could push against the wall when I'm not using it.  I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet. 

Today, we had a race to see who got done with work first, me or the kids and I won, even though I do a ton more work than they do.  It motivated them and we were all done by 4 o'clock this afternoon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails