Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday.

We've got 4H today so that means I've got to rush and get my work done.  It's not easy today because I am very distractable.  I've looked at email and Pinterest and Facebook and done several searches for things I've just been wondering about while I'm supposed to be working.  I've noticed that the more difficult the report is, the more I tend to think about other things and get distracted.  I'd think it would be the other way around, that's what I do.  Right now I'm typing this blog post to avoid typing a cardiac catheterization report by a particularly difficult English-as-a-second-language physician.  At least one of my kids shares this trait with me.  I can tell if my youngest son is avoiding math or writing or something because he's doing anything and everything else.  He'll be happily playing with something - yesterday, he was beating up action figures with this big robot thingy he's got - and I'll ask him if he's done with school, that will snap him back to reality and he'll hang his head and say "no."  I know how this feels, but I don't have anyone over here looking over my shoulder and asking me if I'm getting my work done.  I kind of need someone.  I do have a supervisor out in California who looks at my end-of-the-day line count and makes sure I've got my contracted lines done, so that's something. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails