Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Flipping the schedule upside down.

Our schedule has basically been a disaster this year.  There are kids doing school every day, all day and finally finishing at 11:00.  This is not just one of the kids but both of them.  Every evening, my older son and I can't watch TV or listen to music or anything because they need to concentrate on math, but then, they'll be doing absolutely everything else.  They miss screen time all the time because screen time is in the evenings.  My daughter suggested that we have screen time now in the afternoon with the understanding that they will not even start school until the evenings.  I know they are teenagers and teenagers are notorious for staying up later and sleeping later and generally doing everything later, but I just don't know about this. I really think that if they could just concentrate/focus, they could get done in a reasonable amount of time, but they never do that, so I can't say for sure.  :-/  It is obvious though that what we are currently doing is not working.  :-(

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails