Friday, October 21, 2011

Busy and funny.

We've had some busy and funny times the last couple of days.  We've had things to do pretty much every day this week and also, in between, we've been screening comedy videos for a fun night we're planning at our church tonight.  I think the winner is going to be Tim Hawkins, I'm no Rockstar.  We watched it last night and it is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen.   Today, if we get time we'll watch Insanitized, his other DVD and see if it is just as funny.  That one last night made my cheeks hurt.  :-)

I'm at work right now, but I keep thinking about other things.  I'm having a hard time working because I'm so distracted and also because I'm cold!  One of my hands is completely numb.  I have turned up the heat, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.   I'm also sincerely hoping that the kids get their school done in a timely manner today (unlike yesterday!) and we have time this afternoon to get ready, to make the dessert we're taking tonight and generally get ready.  Since I'm in charge, I'm nervous.  I'm really good at planning things, but I tend to obsess a little over whether everyone I've invited is having fun.

I'm reading a book called Nurture Shock, which is about what the scientific studies say about raising children, versus what we as a society do.  Right now I'm reading a fascinating chapter about how much sleep kids need and the effects a lack of sleep has on them.  I'll try and sum up the whole book later, but I have already read enough (I'm on chapter 2), to think that everyone should read it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So, is Tim Hawkins really good? I've never heard him....just little bits of advertisement on the local radio station. He's going to be a local church (Highland Heights Baptist...in Lynchburg)in Nov.

Fatcat said...

Oh yes, he is that funny! You can see snippets on YouTube, but the best effect is to see the whole show, I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails